Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 52 - "Hey, I am Fabian, and yesterday... I found God"

This week has been awesome! I feel like I say that a lot let me tell ya I wouldn't say it if it weren't true :) Things are great over here! No complaints :)

On Wednesday we taught a lady named Luz from Puerto Rico! We found her last week and this week we got to review the Restoration and explain our purpose a little bit more. She is really nice and open to learning more. Funnily enough, at one point she was like, "Oh, I know this is true!" and we were like, "...what" haha it's cool that she's open to accepting it but we also don't want her to just believe everything we say without thinking about it. We'll work with her :)

A few weeks ago we started teaching the son of a member in the branch named Fabian! He is like 24 and so ready. He has been baptized in tons of churches and has tried a lot but has yet to find one that he likes. Most of his family is Mormon but he never really got into it. We had an awesome lesson with him this week and he came to church too to see his younger brother get the priesthood! During the third hour when Fabian introduced himself he was like, "Hey I'm Fabian, and yesterday... I found God" referencing our lesson! Elder Solis and I were like, "whaat!" So great! :)

Gabriel was not able to make it to church but promised us that he would make it next week! He is getting baptized on September 5th, which will most likely be my last Saturday in this area for now. We taught him about the priesthood and temples and he understands everything so well! He expressed some concerns about his family and how they are all kind of judging him but he doesn't let that stop him from doing what he knows is right :) Two weeks and he'll be a member!! Woohoo!!

Graciela is another investigator who we just set a baptism date with for next month!! She is doing so great, this week we were able to teach her the Plan of Salvation, set that date, and give her and her house a blessing! We have so many investigators that are actually progressing :)

We have seen tons of blessing this week. It is so amazing to see our efforts finally pay off. Being a missionary is very rewarding and you really learn to appreciate times like these after spending so much time in areas where people weren't as open. This gospel is true! This Thursday I get to go to the temple with all the missionaries I came out with a year ago. I can't believe how fast the time has gone but it truly has been wonderful :) I'm so excited!!

I love all of you! Have a great week :)

Love, Elder Hayes

Photo 1 : last monday we went to the city museum. it's more like a giant playground inside a ten-story building with parts outside of it too! this is me flying an airplane ;)
Photo 2: a member in st. louis taught us how to make homemade tortillas!! yumm!!!
Photo 3: me and elder solis with graciela, and mando and ivon (two members who fellowship her)
Photo 4: me chillin on a couch with elder lloyd. what im holding is called a kendama and i got it at a thrift store. it's super fun and i'm getting pretty good at it :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

html, body { background: url('http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4931/zD10QK.jpg ') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }