Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 13

Hello everyone! This week has been just as wonderful as last week. It is almost funny how much is happening in like the last two weeks when not much has happened in the last three months, haha! But it is great :) It also started snowing!! Cold cold cold! I will be getting some winter clothes today :)

We had another lesson with Eddy (investigator) which was supposed to be the Restoration but we ended up just reading part of 1 Nephi 1 with him and answering some questions he had. We did some service for him too and helped him fill the bed of his truck with $130 worth of fire wood!! It went pretty well. He is a super cool guy and hopefully we will be able to meet with him this week again :)

We were planning on seeing Patty (potential investigator) yesterday but she ended up having to reschedule for some time this week! She is very willing to meet and also said she wants to feed us, so hopefully that will happen this week as well :)

We had like three appointments fall through this weekend which was disappointing but at least they are still willing to reschedule! We will see lots of people this week if all goes according to plan!

Yesterday after church we taught a lesson to Tim (the investigator we found last week) about the Restoration! His wife Mona was also there so we were able to pick her up as another investigator! They are Seventh Day Adventists and have some strong beliefs but are very willing to talk with us and said that we can come by every Sunday! They understood everything we taught pretty well but their biggest concern is reading the Book of Mormon because it's not the Bible. I think near the end they were a little more willing though, so we will see how the next lesson goes :)

We also got another investigator named Brennan! He looks like he's 17 but is very tall for his age. We don't actually know how old he is but that is our educated guess :) We taught him the Restoration and we liked it a lot! He feels like his prayers in the past haven't been answered but really does want to have more faith so we are seeing him again this week too! He is super cool and has lots of potential :)

I can't believe this transfer is already ending!! I am finally getting a new companion on Wednesday so that will be exciting! His name is Elder Jacobson and I don't know much about him besides the fact that he is a redhead like Elder Mattson, so that's pretty funny I guess, haha! I am staying in the Dardenne Creek ward for another transfer which I am okay with because we actually have people to teach now!! Good stuff :)

Things are going great and I am getting a lot more confident I think. Yesterday we saw this potential named Ron who is pretty close to being an investigator but we just forget to pray so it doesn't count as a lesson... we asked him to read Alma 32 sometime and after I kind of explained what the chapter was about he said that I was a very good speaker!! It caught me off guard a little, haha. I guess I am more confident than I give myself credit for :)

It has been a great week! Thank you for all the support! I love being out here even if it's not easy it is still a blast :) Have a great week! My address is still:
2103 Woodale Ln.
St. Peters, MO 63376

Love, Elder Hayes

Photo 1: Elder Jones went home today!! He is super funny and I've learned a lot from him. I'll miss him for sure!

Photo 2: SNOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

html, body { background: url('http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4931/zD10QK.jpg ') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }