Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 31



What a weird week! So I got transferred like I said last week and am now in the San Carlos branch in St. Charles!! It is super different but I am loving it. Everyone is super nice and welcoming and we are fed dinner literally every night! Sometimes lunch too! Everyone compliments me on my Spanish even if I feel like it's not that great right now, haha. Probably cause I look like a gringo :) It's getting better though!

We didn't get to teach as many people as we would have liked this week. We do have like four people with baptism dates though! I met a few of them and honestly two of them seem a little sketchier and might not be as solid as the others. Overall though we are teaching a decent handful of Hispanics! It's hard finding because there aren't too many Spanish speakers in Missouri... so we gotta get creative and look for signs! It's pretty funny actually, a few are Christmas lights still out, mops outside, lots of hanging plants, excessive toys strewn across the lawn... they are surprisingly accurate sometimes, haha!

I can't believe General Conference is next week! What!! It feels like I just barely watched it but nah that was six months ago! I love when times flies by, haha :) I am so excited to hear the talks!

My new companion is Elder Lazaro. He's from Spain originally but has lived in Provo for the last like eight years :) He's pretty funny! We get a long and are doing alright so far. I'm looking forward to what the future holds!

My new address is:
10 Sugar Maple Ln. Apt. 8
St. Charles, MO 63303


Send me something!! I love mail :) Thank you everyone for the love and support! Talk to ya next week :)

Love, Elder Hayes

Photo: Me and Elder Lazaro chillin lol


No comments:

Post a Comment

html, body { background: url('http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4931/zD10QK.jpg ') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }