Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 60 - I love being out here!

Sorry about last week's email not going through! I just resent it! You all get double emails to read this week :)

I can't believe so much time has passed! Week 60? That is a big number, haha!! It's been a really interesting week, but I'll start with the big news...

I'm getting transferred!! I have spent five transfers (seven months) here in the San Carlos branch, which is a super long time compared to how long people usually stay in areas! I am so so so grateful for the chance I had to meet all these wonderful people. I never would have guessed I'd love these people as much as I do :) I also feel like my Spanish has improved a lot which I'm super happy about! And I'm sure my parents are too :)

On Wednesday I am getting moved to Effingham, Illinois! It is a small branch that's covers a fairly large rural area about an hour and a half from St. Louis. I'm super excited!! It will be very different but I'm looking forward to the change of pace. I will be getting a fairly new missionary named Elder Christiansen (pronounced chris-chi-an-sen, not chris-chen-sen). Additionally, I will also be a district leader over three other companionships! I have no had this opportunity yet so it will be something new. I'm excited to get to not only help those in my area but other missionaries as well. It should be a good experience!

My new address will be:
404 W. Edgar Ave.
Apt. 1
Effingham, IL 62401

This last week was very slow because Elder Solis got really sick suddenly and he hasn't been able to do much. He's getting better though! He needed lots of rest so I had plenty of time to tidy up the place, read, and take a few naps myself, hehe :)

A few cool things did happen, though! We were able to set another baptism date with a 10-year-old girl named Bella. I don't remember if I mentioned it in earlier emails, but she is pretty solid it's just getting her less-active family to start going back to church. She'll get baptized though; I'm sure of it! The date is set for November 14th, though it might need to be pushed a little.

Friday night I was called my Presidente Delgado (the branch president) and asked to give a talk on Sunday. I was pretty annoyed because of the late notice but I accepted and ended up doing it. I did an okay job I thought! It was also cool getting to give a talk and address the whole branch my last Sunday there. They have all been great to me and I have learned so much from them and their testimonies :) I know that this work is true and that I have been called by God to do this! I submitted my application to show my willingness but the call to serve a full-time mission came directly from the Lord through one of this appointed servants. I love being out here!!

I love you all! Send me cool stuff! Bye!!

Love, Elder Hayes

Photo 1: me with hermana hermosillo!! she's so cool!
Photo 2: me with the carr family, the coolest family ever!!
Photo 3: me the hernandez!! also the coolest!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

html, body { background: url('http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4931/zD10QK.jpg ') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }