Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 66: She said this couldn't be a coincidence

Thanksgiving is such a great holiday. I am so thankful for my family and my friends that love and support me. I am thankful for the opportunity I have to serve a mission and for all the people I have been able to help.

This week was a little tougher because a lot of people cancelled due to the holiday. We did get fed about three Thanksgiving meals throughout the week though, so that was enjoyable! I seriously feel like it was just barely last Thanksgiving! Time flies incredibly fast let me tell ya :)

It is getting cold but not as cold as it is back home in Idaho so that's something I'm okay with lol. Still pretty chilly though! We are running low on miles for our car so we were walking around town the other night and it was cold so we were all bundled up and everything. We ended up running into this lady on the street who had been going through a lot of problems and was on her way to the store to buy cigars. She said she knew they didn't help in the long run but that it helped ease her stress. We talked for a while and eventually she said this couldn't be a coincidence and that God was telling her to turn around and not harm her body. Goes to show that God sees everything and has a plan for all of us. He's aware of all His children and is constantly trying to guide us down and show us the right path.

I'm excited for Christmas! We just got a bunch of #ASaviorIsBorn cards to hand out so that will be super fun. People tend to be a little bit nicer around this time of year :)

I love this gospel! I love this Church! I love Jesus Christ and I love being a missionary :) I love all of you and am so thankful for everything I have.

Love, Elder Hayes

Photo: Me with Elder Çoka who is going home to Albania today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

html, body { background: url('http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4931/zD10QK.jpg ') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }