Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 68 - My testimony on prayer

Hey everyone!! We are killing it over here! Donna is planning on getting baptized this Saturday. We are super excited for her! We weren't sure at first how much she understood but she definitely seems to grasp it now even if she doesn't talk too much. She is sticking to her decision despite her sister being against it. We pray it doesn't cause contention in the home (they live together)!! Things are looking good overall though. Pray for Donna so nothing stops her!!

The highlight of the week was probably our zone conference. It was great! They really emphasized working with the ward councils in our areas to help members be as involved as possible. We're really trying to apply it as best as we can! As a mission we are also all reading the Book of Mormon together and ending right before the next General Conference. We did it last year and we all loved it so we're doing it again! I am so excited :)

Kennedy (pretty sure I've talked about him before) is doing awesome!! He definitely has his ups an downs but recently he has been extremely enthusiastic about everything and is just great! We are so happy for him. A lot of the issues he had in the past are being resolved and once he takes care of his smoking problem he should be ready for baptism. It's amazing seeing how much he has changed since we first met him. He constantly tells us how grateful he is for us but we always try to emphasize that it's not us at all, but God who made all of this possible for him. He's great!

Pretty cool week overall. During fast and testimony meeting (which we had this last Sunday) I got up and bore my testimony on prayer. Throughout the week I've been trying to make my prayers more meaningful and really trying to be more in tune so that I can receive the revelation I need to help my investigators and the missionaries in my district. It works, I'm telling ya!!

I love you all! Check out christmas.mormon.org if you haven't already. I'm sure you have though :)

Love, Elder Hayes

Photo 1: studying with elder christiansen
Photo 2: throwback time!! this was taken over one year ago!! picking apples at a member's house! #tbt




No comments:

Post a Comment

html, body { background: url('http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4931/zD10QK.jpg ') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }