Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 69 - Everyone needs it, and we have it (Donna's Baptism!)

First things first,
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

This time of year is seriously the greatest. I still can't believe it's my second Christmas out here!! I love it! :)

So it was a week full of ups and downs. The holidays are pretty bittersweet for missionaries because people are more receptive, but also more busy... we still did alright though!

I guess the biggest news is that Donna got baptized and confirmed this weekend!! And guess who she asked to baptize her? Me!! My first time actually getting to baptize someone! I was a little nervous at first but it was a super cool and spiritual experience. I am so grateful for the priesthood and all that is made possible because of it! Another cool thing is that my white pants fit pretty tight when I tried them on 16 months ago but they now fit pretty comfortably, so I've definitely shed some pounds. Cool!

My favorite part about being a missionary is just seeing how much the gospel blesses others. The change is real! Everyone needs it, and we have it. This mission doesn't baptize nearly as much as other missions due, but I think it's honestly made me appreciate them so much more when they do happen. However I also know that there are plenty of other people who I have affected and been able to help even if they didn't choose to join the church. It has been wonderful :)

So although this week was somewhat slow, lots of cool stuff happened. I am super excited for Christmas!! Thank you everyone for the love and support. Here's my address if you don't have it [better to send it late than never ;) ]

404 W Edgar Ave Apt 1
Effingham, IL 62401

You're the best!!

Love, Elder Hayes




No comments:

Post a Comment

html, body { background: url('http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4931/zD10QK.jpg ') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }