Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 72 - I'm gonna be a dad!

SUCH a good week!! So many crazy things happened. First of all we it's transfer week and I got some big news! Drumroll please...

I'm TRAINING!! I'm gonna be a dad!

A brand spankin' new missionary will be coming into Effingham on Wednesday. He's so new is literally still in the MTC, lol. I can't believe it! I am a little nervous but mostly excited to find out who it is. I'm sure we will get along! It'll be a pretty big responsibility but I think it will be awesome. Yay for new responsibilities!!

It's been fun serving with Elder Christiansen. He's a great guy and I've actually learned a lot from him. I've also learned a lot about myself and since Elder Christiansen was my first "kind of green" companion, I think it's prepared me to train so hopefully I do alright :) Pray for me!!

I think the coolest part of the week was yesterday. It was a pretty packed day! We had an awesome lesson with this less-active member named Sarah and her two daughters, Nadine (16) and Lana (10). The daughters are not members, and a couple months ago we actually taught them part of the Restoration! With the holidays and other stuff, it's been tough to meet with them more since then but we were finally able to meet again! We brought a member and her daughter to the lesson and we watched the Restoration DVD with them. It all went really well! Nadine felt more comfortable having someone her age there too, we think. It was so awesome! They said they would come to church next week. We are SO excited! Hopefully we get to keep meeting with them :)

We also had the awesome privilege to have yet another mission conference, in which we got to hear from Elder Rasband of the Twelve and Elder Martino of the Seventy. Something Elder Rasband talked a lot about was how special are calling really is and how we need to make sure we take advantage of this time we have to serve full-time. We have two full years to be laser-focused on nothing but the Lord's work. Pretty cool!

He also mentioned that when he was first asked to be a general authority by Gordon B. Hinckley, that he was asked "Brother Rasband, does the testimony of Jesus Christ still burn in your bosom as it did when you were a young missionary?" It was pretty cool to hear how close we are as missionaries to God and how we should strive to keep that afterwards. It was such a great conference!!

It was a good week. It's getting cold but we're doing fine!! :)

Love, Elder Hayes

1 comment:

  1. Wow vas a ser papa. Eso es un gran privilegio y bendicion para ti y tu nuevo greeny. Felicidades y sigue trabajando la obra con mucho amor al Salvador siempre. Abrazos y bendiciones de tus abuelos boricuas.

    ReplyDelete

html, body { background: url('http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4931/zD10QK.jpg ') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }