Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Week 73 - I know this work is true and thank God every day

Hey everyone! Sorry I couldn't email earlier, we had some stuff going on this morning and yesterday the library was closed :) It has been quite the week, let me tell ya! It has definitely had its ups and downs. I will start with the ups though :)

My trainee is named Elder Cheney! He grew up in Las Vegas, but about three years ago moved to Ephraim, Utah. He is very excited to be a missionary and so far we have been getting along. I find myself being reminded of how awkward and not confident I was when I first entered the mission field, haha. I loved my trainer so I am trying to be a good example and to do the things that I liked about my training experience. So far so good!! :)

I think I have mentioned him in the past, but we recently set a baptism date with a man named Brian! His wife was a referral from a ward member, but he ended up being the only one really willing to progress. He is older and grew up Baptist but is no longer active! He didn't make it to church this week due to a sickness he had, but he is better now and he is planning on being baptized on the 13th of February! We are soo excited for him!! He is very humble and has had a couple close friends and family members pass away recently, but says that since he's attended the church and learned about it that it has somehow helped him feel at peace. So great!

So sad news, a member from the branch passed away on Thursday, one day before his 70th birthday! He was super funny and such a good man, so it's sad to not see him anymore. He attended his funeral yesterday and it was sad but also a very uplifting service.

On Sunday we were super pumped because we had SIX people committed to come to sacrament meeting! SIX!! We were so excited but were quite disappointed when​ not a single one showed up :( We were pretty sad but got over it fairly quickly. I actually gave a talk too! My topic was enduring to the end, and I thought it went very well! I received several compliments from different members saying how impressed they were by it. I was quite flattered, lol!! :)

Anyway, I'm excited to keep helping Elder Cheney. Training is fun but also a bit tougher than my past companionships have been! I know this work is true and thank God every day for the opportunity I have to be here at this time. Love you all!

Love, Elder Hayes

Photo 1: me with my boy!!
Photo 2: close up!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

html, body { background: url('http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4931/zD10QK.jpg ') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }