Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 84-- Last week in Effingham

I have been in Effingham for so long! Six months is quite some time. This coming week will be my last week here, so we're getting ready to make it the best ever! And it's looking like it will be!!

This week was a decent one. General Conference was definitely the highlight of it all! How can it not be? The best part was that for the Sunday Morning Session, Roy was able to come watch it at the church with us! For those who don't remember, he's the guy who moved into the apartment below us a month or so. He came to church but then missed the next few weeks, so it was really good for him to make it this time! We'll be teaching him tonight, so hopefully things go well :)

Another great moment was getting to teach Mayra yesterday. We hadn't met with her in a couple weeks, so it was good to catch up with her! She is super cool and like I mentioned once, is from the Dominican Republic! We taught in English and Spanish, and review the Restoration with her. She really seemed to like what we were saying, and felt bad about not reading since last time. We explained how important it is for her to read so she can receive an answer for herself! She promised she'd do it :) She's also getting a ride from a member to church tomorrow! We're super excited for her!! :)

Although I'm a little tired of the area itself, I will definitely miss a lot of the people I've met here. I hope people like Roy and Mayra continue to progress even after I leave!

I found out Saturday night where I'm going to go! Will I go back to the Spanish branch? Will I go somewhere else? Will I train another missionary? Who knows!!

General Conference really reaffirmed my testimony of prophets. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's authorized representative here on earth and that Jesus Christ leads His church through him and his apostles. Serving a mission is such a privilege! I love it!

My address for the next week is still:

404 W Edgar Ave Apt 1
Effingham, IL 62401

Love, Elder Hayes

Photo: a cool wooden covered bridge we drove through. really not that cool but I thought it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment

html, body { background: url('http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4931/zD10QK.jpg ') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }