Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 85 - Springfield, Illinois - I know we have a Father in Heaven who loves us

SPRINGFIELD!! That is the name of my new area :) I leave tomorrow and I am super excited! It's a lot bigger than Effingham and also happens to be the capital of Illinois! It is going to be super cool. I will continue to be a district leader over there and my new companion will be Elder Soutas. I know nothing about him... but hopefully we will get along :)

I will be serving in a ward, which will be different from Effingham! I really liked being in a small branch. I got to know everyone so well and it's just so much more cozy. I'm sure I'll like my new ward though :) 

Elder Cheney will be getting another missionary who I don't know very well, but who is still a hard worker from what I have heard. I'm glad Effingham and my trainee will be in good hands :) Training a new missionary has been such a good experience for me. It really is humbling and I have learned and grown so much from it. I'll miss him for sure!

It's been an interesting last week. We got to meet a lot of cool people who I wish I could continue to teach, but I will just have to pray for them and ask Elder Cheney how things go with them. Yesterday we got to teach this super cool black guy named Steve who said he would come to church next Sunday with his two daughters! Super cool!! We also set an appointment with a lady named Marjorie who has lived in the US for 30 years but is Nigerian. Effingham has very little black people, so it's been kind of funny how we're finding all of them!

We weren't able to meet with Roy or Mayra this week... both of them cancelled their appointments and didn't make it to church :( We are sad but hopefully they will start progressing more here soon. There is still lots of potential with them and some of our other investigators :)

I thank God every day for the privilege it was to serve in the Effingham branch and for all the wonderful people I've gotten to meet out here. It's been great! I'm excited for what these next few months have in store. I know we have a Father in Heaven who loves us and is aware of us. Jesus Christ lives!

As soon as I know it, I will send out my new address so you can send me stuff!! :)

Love, Elder Hayes

Photo 1: the district!!
Photo 2: chillin outside of a restaurant in casey, il. elders peterson, trautman, cheney, and me!
Photo 3: the Angel family!! Super cool investigators! I will miss them and their cooking!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

html, body { background: url('http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4931/zD10QK.jpg ') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }