Monday, May 23, 2016

Week 89 - Mother's Day is the best!

Mother's Day was the best!!! I love getting to talk to my family! I seriously have no idea what I did to deserve such an amazing family. I'm so grateful for the Plan of Salvation. I don't know what I'd do without the knowledge that families are forever and that death is not the end :)

It's been a fantastic week! We have seen so many miracles here. We found so many new people to teach this week. We have been working really hard and have definitely seen God's hand in the work! What we've been doing recently is trying to use all of the resources we have. We have found a lot of people by street contacting, but we are trying to also incorporate members more so we're not just doing one thing. So far it's been working really well!

There are so many members in the ward who we don't know and so we've been visiting them whenever we're near! There have been a few times where we have visited someone's home thinking they're less-active (since we don't know them) but finding out they do go to church every week, they just sit in the back or something. Pretty funny! But it's been super cool trying to get them excited about missionary work.

We are teaching some great people. This week we found a family of six that still adheres to the Law of Moses, which is pretty interesting. No animal sacrifice or anything, but they still have all these customs that might make it hard for them to receive the truth. We'll see how it goes, though!

Waleska, an 8 (almost 9) year old we are teaching, is doing good too. She is just a little confused because her father is a member but her mom is Catholic, and so she isn't sure what she wants to do. She isn't sure if she wants to be baptized because of what her mom might think. The last thing we want to do is cause contention within the family, so we aren't quite sure what we can do. Definitely pray for the Nunez family, though! They could really use it :)

I've said it so many times, but I'll say it again... I love serving others and teaching them the restored gospel! It's really such a unique opportunity I don't want to take for granted. I love the Savior and I love this work. I know it's real! I love you!!

Love, Elder Hayes

(photos to come next week! promise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

html, body { background: url('http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4931/zD10QK.jpg ') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }