Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 101 - The power of prayer and fasting

Yet another fantastic week here in good ol' Springfield. Samantha is doing SO good, like it is unreal how perfectly this is happening. Hope I don't jinx anything by saying that...

We had a couple awesome lessons with her last week. We were worried about the commandments lessons because that's usually when concerns come up, but when we taught her the Word of Wisdom, she accepted it and doesn't have a problem with it!! The Spirit was so strong the entire time. Lucretia's parents were there and both bore powerful testimony of how they had been blessed by following a prophet of God. Lucretia is the member Samantha moved in with, if you forgot... :) She is sooo excited for August 13th to be baptized!!

We were also able to meet with the Akpulonus again! They are so funny oh my gosh. Netty, the husband, just kills me!! Haha :) We shared the Plan of Salvation with them, and he told us that he actually already believed in a preexistence and that the Fall was necessary. However, he said his understanding of those things didn't come from the Book of Mormon, but from the Bible and his own reasoning... oh well! Hahaha it was actually a great visit though. We testified throughout the entire thing and they seemed to really learn something!

On Sunday Samantha came to church again and so did Desiree!! She is a super nice black lady who came a couple weeks ago. She just loves it! There is actually lots of potential with her too. There are so many great things happening here!!!

I am seriously just shocked. Ever since I have been in Springfield, I have been praying that I would be able to see at least one more person be baptized. Just one! If possible, that is. I'd be fine it didn't happen, but I had been praying that if it's possible... to please let it happen! I was honestly doubting whether anything would happen, but then we met Samantha, and one thing led to another :) Amazing!! The power of prayer and fasting!!!

I know the gospel is true and that the Plan of Salvation is real. I love being one of the Lord's missionaries and look forward to the next two weeks I'll have to do it :) Love you all!!

Love, Elder Hayes

Photo 1: the Akpulonus!!
Photo 2: us with the Uhe family! Coolest recent converts ever!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

html, body { background: url('http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4931/zD10QK.jpg ') no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover; }